OMAHA, Neb. (TheStreet) -- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A), the investment vehicle of Warren Buffett, has bought more than 87,000 shares of oil giant Exxon Mobil (XOM) and added 3.4 million American depositary receipts in Nestle.
Buffett also almost has doubled his stake in Wal-Mart (WMT), the world's No. 1 retailer. The stake was valued at more than $1.8 billion in September, the Financial Times reports, citing regulatory filings
Buffett told the Financial Times this month that the value of most currencies would decline in purchasing power. "I still believe, over a 10-year period from now, I would much rather own stocks than cash," Buffett is quoted as saying.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV