S&P Could Raise Salem Communications Rating
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said Monday it has revised the CreditWatch implications on its corporate credit ratings related Salem Communications Corp. to "developing" from "negative."
Developing implications mean the ratings could be either raised or lowered over the short term, depending on the outcome of the company's proposal to refinance its debt, the ratings agency said.
Salem is a Christian-themed radio broadcaster, Internet content provider and magazine publisher.
Standard & Poor's said its ratings on the company, including the "B-" corporate credit rating, remain unchanged.If Salem is successful in refinancing its capital structure, S&P said it would expect to raise the corporate credit rating by one notch, to "B'' with a stable outlook. It could also lower the rating if it appears that Salem would not be able to complete its refinancing goals. Shares rose 30 cents to $4.19.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV