TeleCommunication Systems Buys Sidereal Solutions
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) ¿ Wireless communications company TeleCommunication Systems Inc. said Monday it acquired privately held Sidereal Solutions Inc., a satellite communications technology engineering, operations and maintenance support services company.
TeleCommunication Systems said it paid cash, shares and consideration based on the company's gross profit in 2010 and 2011. It did not disclose the total value of the deal and a representative could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.
Sidereal has been a business partner of the company's government solutions group since 2007, TeleCommunication Systems said.
Shares of TeleCommunication Systems rose 8 cents to $8.01 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV