Redwood Trust Names Diane L. Merdian As CFO
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (AP) ¿ Redwood Trust Inc., a real estate investment trust, said Monday Diane L. Merdian has been named chief financial officer, effective in March.
Martin S. Hughes, who currently serves as president, co-chief operating officer, and chief financial officer, will serve as CFO until March. Hughes will continue to serve as president and co-chief operating officer thereafter.
Separately, Jeffrey T. Pero has been elected to the board of directors. Merdian has resigned from her position as a board member.
Merdian previously worked as an equity research analyst focused on the banking sector. She also worked as bank strategist and senior bank research analyst of Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, where she was a managing director.Shares rose 39 cents, or 2.8 percent, to $14.10, in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV