Americredit Names Gaming Exec Sturges To Board
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) ¿ Auto financing company Americredit Corp. said Monday it named Robert Sturges, head of Nevada Gold & Casinos Inc., to its board of directors.
Sturges has spent more than 25 years in the gaming industry, including more than 15 years with Carnival Resorts & Casinos and Carnival Corp.
He will represent Fairholme Fund Inc. on the board. He replaces Bruce Berkowitz, who is resigning due to demands at Fairholme, where he is founder and managing member.
Shares of Americredit rose 91 cents, or 4.9 percent, to $19.60 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV