EntreMed Reports 3Q Profit On Lower Costs
ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) ¿ Development-stage drug maker EntreMed Inc. reported a third-quarter profit Monday on lower costs and expenses.
The company earned $84,914, or zero cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.4 million, or 4 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue, mainly from royalties, rose 5 percent to $3.7 million from $3.5 million.
Research and development expenses were cut in half to $2.3 million during the quarter.
The company had just over $10 million in cash and short-term investments as of Sept. 30.Shares of EntreMed fell 15 cents, or 12 percent, to $1.12 in morning trading. The stock has traded between 15 cents and $1.53 over the last 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV