Updated from 5:26 a.m. EST
Cisco raised its bid to 170 Norwegian kroner a share, for a total offer price of 19 billion kroner.
Cisco last month offered to buy Tandberg, the world's biggest maker provider of videoconferencing equipment for businesses, for $3 billion.In a statement Monday, Cisco said the revised offer "represents Cisco's final price for this transaction." If it doesn't receive the desired level of 90% of acceptances from Tandberg shareholders for its bid, Cisco said it will "withdraw the offer and evaluate alternative ways to expand our activities in the video communications market." Cisco said shareholders representing 30% of the outstanding shares, including Tandberg's largest shareholders Folketrygdfondet and OppenheimerFunds, have pre-accepted this offer based on the new price. These shares bring the total number of acceptances to more than 40%. Cisco also said it has extended the acceptance period to Dec. 1, after extending it last week to Nov. 18. Tandberg's board has given Cisco's offer its backing. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York . Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV