Editor's note: This is the first excerpt of an e-book by Jason Schwarz, an analyst at Lone Peak Asset Management in Westlake Village, Calif.
There has never been a company more prepared for a particular generation than Apple (AAPL) is for the 2010 decade. It was only three years ago that mobile phones were used merely to talk and it was only 15 years ago that we were tethered to a wall by a copper wire.
My purpose in writing this book, Apple Revolution, is to open your eyes to what lies ahead, not just for purposes of investment decision-making but to help you come to grips with the large scale societal changes on the horizon.
When the history books look back on this generation, they will view our progress as we view the Transportation Revolution of the early 1900s and the Industrial Revolution of the 1800s. Who is bringing to market the contemporary steam engine? Who is building vehicles to take advantage of the new roads? Without question it is Steve Jobs.
Most Popular Today
Buy Gold Not Gold Stocks
Most Commented Today
Obama Bows to China
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV