Sutor Technology Group's Fiscal 1Q Plunges
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ China-based Sutor Technology Group Ltd. said Friday its fiscal first-quarter net income plunged sharply as lower selling prices slashed profit margins.
For the three months ended Sept. 30, net income dropped 95 percent to $500,676, or 1 cent per share, compared with $10.9 million, or 29 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
Revenue fell 4.8 percent to $123.8 million from $130.1 million.
The decreased margins reflect the steel products maker's "strategic decision to reduce the per unit sale price to retain market share and attract new customers, as well as a larger proportion of smaller orders, we received in the first fiscal quarter 2010, which generally had higher costs as compared to that of large orders," Sutor said in a statement.In afternoon trading, the stock fell 27 cents, or 8.9 percent, to $2.77.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV