WGL Holdings Posts Fiscal 4Q Loss
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ WGL Holdings Inc., a natural gas and energy provider, reported a fiscal fourth-quarter net loss, driven by the seasonal nature of utility operations and the corresponding reduced demand for natural gas during this period.
Results for the quarter were nearly unchanged from the prior-year period. On Thursday after the market closed, the company posted a net loss of $11.1 million, or 22 cents per share, compared with a loss of $11.2 million, or 22 cents per share during the same period last year.
Excluding special items, adjusted net loss for the quarter amounted to 25 cents per share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters estimated a loss of 31 cents per share, on average. Analysts typically exclude one-time items.Revenue climbed 5 percent to $412.8 million, up from $391.9 million in the prior-year period. For the full-year, earnings rose 3.3 percent to $120.4 million, or $2.39 per share, compared with $116.5 million, or $2.33 per share, during the same period last year. Revenue increased 3 percent to $2.71 billion, up from $2.63 billion in 2008. WGL Holdings estimated 2010 earnings in a range between $2.21 per share and $2.33 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV