Airvana To Get $39.6M Nortel-related Payment
CHELMSFORD, Mass. (AP) ¿ Airvana Inc., which supplies products used by wireless operators, said Friday it will get a $39.6 million payment for outstanding invoices related to products and services it sold to Nortel Networks Inc. before Nortel filed for bankruptcy protection.
Airvana shares jumped 47 cents, or 7.9 percent, to $6.42 in afternoon trading.
Airvana said it will get the payment from Telefon AB LM Ericssson as that company finishes its purchase of Nortel's CDMA business. Airvana's contract with Nortel will go to Ericsson.
Airvana said $36.4 million of the payment is for product and service bills and $3.2 million is interest.Canadian telecom equipment maker Nortel filed for bankruptcy protection in the U.S. and Canada in January, a day before it was slated to make a $107 million debt payment. Since then, the Toronto-based company has been selling its operations off piece by piece.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV