Teekay Offshore Partners 3Q Profit Falls
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Teekay Offshore Partners LP fell to a third-quarter loss as revenue fell by one-fifth during a downturn in shipping.
The partnership said it lost $23.7 million, of which $11 million was attributable to partners, compared with a gain of $40.8 million, or $20.6 million attributable to partners, a year earlier.
Excluding a variety of items, such as foreign exchange losses, deferred tax expenses and losses on derivative investments, the partnership said it would have earned $8 million. It did not provide a similar figure for the third quarter of 2008.
Revenue fell to $206.9 million from $252.2 million a year ago.The shares rose 31 cents to $17.34 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV