Android Puts HTC on the Map
While overall mobile phone sales remained flat compared with year-ago levels, the smartphone segment of the market is still hot, logging a 12% annual gain, according to Gartner.
And the trends within the smartphone sector continue to show more of the big shift from stalwarts like Nokia (NOK) and Motorola (MOT) to a quickly rising cohort of HTC, Apple (AAPL) and Research In Motion (RIMM).
The shift is a familiar one for Nokia, which has been helpless in its attempts to defend its top spot against the popular iPhone, the expanding consumer appeal of BlackBerrys, and now the rise of Android-powered Google phones.Nokia saw modest 4% growth in the past year. But that lagged behind the industry's 12% growth rate, causing the Finnish phone giant to lose 3 percentage points of its share of the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV