FDA Extends Review Of Cadence's IV Drug Acetavance
SAN DIEGO (AP) ¿ The Food and Drug Administration is extending its review of Cadence Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s painkiller Acetavance by three months until February 2010, the company said Friday.
The FDA said it needed more time to review pharmacology data, and is not asking for any additional information from Cadence.
The agency said it expects to make a decision on Acetavance, which is a form of acetaminophen given intravenously, by Feb. 12, 2010. A decision had been expected by Friday.
Cadence said it will work with the FDA as the data is evaluated, and said it will launch Acetavance in the second quarter if it is approved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV