NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Bank of America (BAC) is the top underwriter of US IPOs so far in 2009, providing the latest evidence of the success of its investment banking unit following its acquisition of Merrill Lynch at the start of the year.
BofA has helped companies raise $4.4 billion in 17 IPOs this year through Tuesday, according to data provider Dealogic. Goldman Sachs (GS) was second, serving as underwriter for companies raising a total $3.3 billion in 12 deals, while third place went to Morgan Stanley (MS), which was part of 17 deals, but only raised $2.8 billion.
BofA was in fourth place at the same point last year, with just seven deals to its credit. On a standalone basis, Merrill Lynch was in second place at this time last year, participating in 12 deals that raised a total of $4.37 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV