Knightsbridge Profit Falls, Misses Expectations
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Oil shipper Knightsbridge Tankers Ltd. said Thursday that profit fell in the third quarter as charter rates for its carriers declined.
The company earned $3.1 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with $11.3 million, or 66 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts expected earnings of 31 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters.
Revenue plunged to $14.2 million from 19.8 million a year ago. Analysts expected $15.7 million.The average daily time charter equivalents for its four very large crude carriers was $32,900, compared with $33,100 in the previous quarter. The company said that despite the weak tanker market, it expects to resume paying a dividend next year. Shares rose 25 cents to $12.92 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV