Northwest Pipe Delays 3Q Results, Shares Fall
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) ¿ Northwest Pipe Co. shares tumbled Thursday after the maker of welded steel pipes said it has delayed the release of its third-quarter financial results, but that it expects to post a $1 million loss.
The Vancouver, Wash.-based company said the financial report for the three months ended Sept. 30 has been delayed "pending the conclusion of an ongoing internal investigation of certain accounting matters, including certain revenue recognition practices."
The investigation is being conducted by the board of directors' audit committee and independent professionals, the company said. Northwest Pipe said it plans to publish the results "as soon as practicable" after the investigation and any further accounting work that may be needed.
On a preliminary basis, however, Northwest Pipe estimated it lost $1 million, down from net income of $10.2 million during the same period a year earlier. Estimated revenue fell by nearly half to $67 million from $124.3 million in the third quarter of 2008.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, on average, had predicted a profit of 28 cents per share on revenue of $73.7 million. Wall Street estimates typically exclude one-time items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV