Northwest Pipe Delays 3Q Results, Shares Fall
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) ¿ Northwest Pipe Co. shares tumbled Thursday after the maker of welded steel pipes said it has delayed the release of its third-quarter financial results, but that it expects to post a $1 million loss.
The Vancouver, Wash.-based company said the financial report for the three months ended Sept. 30 has been delayed "pending the conclusion of an ongoing internal investigation of certain accounting matters, including certain revenue recognition practices."
The investigation is being conducted by the board of directors' audit committee and independent professionals, the company said. Northwest Pipe said it plans to publish the results "as soon as practicable" after the investigation and any further accounting work that may be needed.
On a preliminary basis, however, Northwest Pipe estimated it lost $1 million, down from net income of $10.2 million during the same period a year earlier. Estimated revenue fell by nearly half to $67 million from $124.3 million in the third quarter of 2008.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, on average, had predicted a profit of 28 cents per share on revenue of $73.7 million. Wall Street estimates typically exclude one-time items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV