BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Small-cap stocks have fallen behind blue chips in the past month, with the Russell 2000 Index dropping 5.3%. However, these companies are positioned to outperform benchmarks.
5. German American Bancorp (GABC) is a bank in southern Indiana.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income decreased 4% to $3.2 million, or 29 cents a share, as revenue dropped 4% to $20 million. The company's gross margin rose from 66% to 71%, but its net margin remained steady at 16%. The company is adequately capitalized, with $60 million of cash reserves. A debt-to-equity ratio of 1.3 indicates higher-than-ideal leverage.
The stock: German American Bancorp has increased 35% this year, more than the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 14, a discount to the market and regional banks. The shares pay a 3.6% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV