Motorola Droid Not as Lifeless as First Thought
Michael Cote of the Cote Collaborative believes Verizon has sold at least 400,000 Droid phones, more than four times as many as BroadPoint AmTech analyst Mark McKechnie's best guess earlier this week. BroadPoint's 100,000 sales estimate for the heavily hyped $200 Google Android-powered phone had been the most widely circulated guess on consumer demand for the Droid to date.
"This is a moving target," Cote says of his larger estimate.
Cote credits McKechnie with having accurate Verizon store Droid allocation numbers, but says that is only part of the picture. Cote, who is a pricing and product strategy consultant to several of the major industry players, says his checks of all Droid outlets including Best Buy (BBY) stores and online sales show a much bigger number.A Verizon representative declined to comment on the number of Droids sold to date.
|More Droid Coverage|
|Droid Gets Sleepy Reception
|Review of Droid Features
|Verizon's Change of Heart
|Droid Expectations & Comparisons
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV