Infineon To Supply Security Chips To China
FRANKFURT (AP) ¿ Infineon Technologies AG said Wednesday it was selected by the Chinese government as their supplier of security-chip technology for new electronic passports.
The Neubiberg, Germany-based company announced it started deliveries to the passport project recently. Starting in 2010, the Chinese government will issue electronic passports expected to number about 6.5 million annually. Chinese citizens currently hold about 30 million passports, typically valid for 10 years.
All of the electronic passports will include a security microcontroller in the back cover of the document. It will contain the same information that is printed on the document.
"Security being a key area for Infineon, we feel confirmed in our efforts to provide high-quality, superior security products that successfully passed the world's most stringent security tests," said Helmut Gassel, president of the chip card and security division at Infineon, in a statement.The company did not release any financial details. ___ On the Net: http://www.infineon.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV