Tandy Brands Posts 1Q Profit As Sales Rise
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) ¿ Leather goods maker Tandy Brands Accessories Inc. on Tuesday posted a profit as sales rose.
Tandy, based in Arlington, Texas, also makes eyewear, neckwear, sporting goods and gifts.
The company earned $1.1 million, or 15 cents per share, in the quarter that ended Sept. 30. That compares to a loss of $1.3 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to $37.2 million from $34.6 million.CEO Rod McGeachy said the company reported its first year-over-year sales increase in three years as the company also benefited from its July acquisition of the Chambers Belt Co. McGeachy also reiterated that the company expects sales growth of 8 percent to 12 percent for fiscal 2010. Tandy also expects to move its corporate headquarters into its distribution center in Dallas by December as part of an overall effort to control costs. Its shares rose 12 cents, or 3 percent, to $4.17 on Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV