Corcept 3Q Loss Narrows On Lower Costs
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) ¿ Drug developer Corcept Therapeutics Inc. said Tuesday its third-quarter loss narrowed on lower costs and expenses.
The company lost $4.7 million, or 9 cents per share, compared with a loss of $5.6 million, or 11 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Corcept reported no revenue during the quarter, compared with $66,000 a year prior.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected a loss of 10 cents per share.
Operating expenses fell 6 percent to $4.7 million.The company is developing Corlux as a treatment for the psychotic features of depression and for Cushing Syndrome, which is a hormone disorder. Shares of Corcept fell 1 cent to $2.22 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV