China Natural Gas 3Q Profit Falls 9.5 Pct
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ China Natural Gas Inc. on Tuesday said its third-quarter profit declined 9.5 percent as higher operating expenses more than offset a boost in sales.
The cost of operations jumped in the most recent quarter, mainly due to additional expenses related to the acquisition of Lingbao Natural Gas Co. and the addition of 3 new fueling stations added since the third quarter of 2008.
Those added stations, and an increase in residential and commercial pipeline customers, raised revenue levels for the quarter, helping to soften the blow.
The company, which distributes natural gas in China, said third-quarter earnings fell to $4.6 million, or 29 cents per share, compared with $5.1 million, or 35 cents per share, during the same period last year.Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters estimated a profit of 30 cents per share, on average. Analysts typically exclude one-time items. Revenue climbed 9.4 percent to $20.1 million from $18.4 million in the prior-year period. Analysts' average forecast was for revenue of $19.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV