China Natural Gas 3Q Profit Falls 9.5 Pct
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ China Natural Gas Inc. on Tuesday said its third-quarter profit declined 9.5 percent as higher operating expenses more than offset a boost in sales.
The cost of operations jumped in the most recent quarter, mainly due to additional expenses related to the acquisition of Lingbao Natural Gas Co. and the addition of 3 new fueling stations added since the third quarter of 2008.
Those added stations, and an increase in residential and commercial pipeline customers, raised revenue levels for the quarter, helping to soften the blow.
The company, which distributes natural gas in China, said third-quarter earnings fell to $4.6 million, or 29 cents per share, compared with $5.1 million, or 35 cents per share, during the same period last year.Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters estimated a profit of 30 cents per share, on average. Analysts typically exclude one-time items. Revenue climbed 9.4 percent to $20.1 million from $18.4 million in the prior-year period. Analysts' average forecast was for revenue of $19.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV