Motorola's Droid Sales 'Troubling,' Analyst Says
The big plusses like an excellent Web browser, voice search and Google Navigation are offset by major minuses like a poor camera, finicky touchscreen and a persistent Exchange email service glitch.
This marked up scorecard isn't the wholehearted approval Droid needs from reviewers to give consumers a green light. Instead, consumers may be waiting for more info or different phones rather than commit to the Droid for the next two years.
Motorola needs to sell at least one million Droids this year to clear the low bar set by analysts. With about 100,000 sold so far, and eight weeks to go, the bar might not be low enough.
Sluggish Droid sales weigh on Motorola shares, which were down 1% to $8.88 in midday trading Tuesday.-- Written by Scott Moritz in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV