Motorola's Droid Sales 'Troubling,' Analyst Says
The big plusses like an excellent Web browser, voice search and Google Navigation are offset by major minuses like a poor camera, finicky touchscreen and a persistent Exchange email service glitch.
This marked up scorecard isn't the wholehearted approval Droid needs from reviewers to give consumers a green light. Instead, consumers may be waiting for more info or different phones rather than commit to the Droid for the next two years.
Motorola needs to sell at least one million Droids this year to clear the low bar set by analysts. With about 100,000 sold so far, and eight weeks to go, the bar might not be low enough.
Sluggish Droid sales weigh on Motorola shares, which were down 1% to $8.88 in midday trading Tuesday.-- Written by Scott Moritz in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV