NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Department stores have been struggling since long before the Great Recession began. With a lack of customer service and a dearth of trendy merchandise, traditional mall anchors have seen their market share stolen by specialty retailers for years.
Still, after much consolidation, cost cuts and revamps, department stores are starting to slowly recover. And as these companies report quarterly results over the next two weeks, which of the following --
(KSS) -- is best poised to win?
Take the poll below, to learn the consensus of TheSteet. And don't forget to leave a comment to justify your call.
-- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New YorkFollow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV