Alphatec Posts Smaller 3Q Loss As Sales Improve
CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) ¿ Alphatec Holdings Inc. reported a smaller third-quarter loss Monday due to improved sales of its spinal devices.
The parent of Alphatec Spine said it lost $1.3 million, or 2 cents per share, compared with $4.9 million, or 10 cents per share, one year ago. Its revenue increased 27 percent to $32.7 million from $25.8 million. According to Thomson Reuters, analysts were expecting a loss of a penny per share and $32.9 million in revenue.
Alphatec makes products that are used in treating spine disorders, particularly conditions associated with aging. During the quarter, the company said U.S. revenue rose 21 percent to $26.1 million, and international sales jumped 52 percent to $6.6 million.
For the full year, Alphatec backed its revenue forecast of $128 million to $130 million. Analysts expect $130.2 million, on average. In afternoon trading, the company's stock rose 8 cents to $4.81.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV