Chindex 2Q Profit Falls On Flat Revenue
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) ¿ Chindex International Inc., which sells medical products in China, said Monday its second-quarter profit fell as revenue remained flat and taxes rose.
Chindex earned $538,000, or 3 cents per share, down from profit of $862,000, or 5 cents per share, during the same period a year prior. Revenue remained flat at $38.1 million.
Product sales fell 10 percent to $17.1 million. Health care services revenue rose 10 percent to $21 million.
Chindex's income tax provision quadrupled from last year to about $1 million."Our second quarter reflects continued growth in the Healthcare Services division, offset by disruption related to construction at our Beijing facility," said President and CEO Roberta Lipson, in a statement. She said the medical products unit faced regulatory delays on high-value equipment purchases. Shares of Chindex fell $4.01, or 24 percent, to $12.20 in morning trading. The stock has traded between $3.50 and $16.46 over the last 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV