Dish Network said it gained about 241,000 net subscribers during the quarter ended Sept. 30. The satellite TV provider ended the period with about 13.851 million subscribers, the company said Monday.
The company also issued a one-time dividend of $2, payable next month.
Meanwhile, Echostar (SATS), which sells set-top boxes and provides satellite services mainly to sister company Dish Network, swung to quarterly earnings of $294 million from a year-earlier loss of $308 million. Revenue rose 22% to $483 million.-- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York . Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV