NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets eked out a gain on Friday despite a rise in the nation's jobless rate to 10.2%.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 17.46, or 0.17%, to 10,023.42, while the S&P 500 added 2.67, or 0.25%, to 1,069.30. The Nasdaq rose 7.12, or 0.34%, to 2,112.44.
Karen Finerman said on CNBC's "Fast Money TV" show it was impressive for the market to come back after the release of the high unemployment number. "The bull market seems to be back," she said.
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV