Landry's Posts 3Q Profit; Will Restate 1Q, 2Q
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Landry's Restaurants Inc., which is being taken private by its CEO, said Friday it moved to a profit in the third quarter on lower costs compared with a year-earlier period hurt by big writedowns.
The restaurant operator also said it must restate its results for the first and second quarters because it did not appropriately record the value of its stake in its T-Rex subsidiary.
In the quarter that ended Sept. 30, the Houston company earned $6.7 million, or 41 cents per share, compared to a loss of $17.1 million, or $1.06 per share,in the same quarter a year earlier.
The latest quarter included a $19.4 million gain on debt extinguishment and a $6.2 million cost on the value of interest rate swaps. The year-ago quarter included an $18.5 million writedown primarily due to Hurricane Ike damage and a $1.8 million charge from interest rate swaps.Excluding those items, profit in the latest quarter was 2 cents per share, down from 35 cents per share in the 2008 quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV