Landry's Posts 3Q Profit; Will Restate 1Q, 2Q
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Landry's Restaurants Inc., which is being taken private by its CEO, said Friday it moved to a profit in the third quarter on lower costs compared with a year-earlier period hurt by big writedowns.
The restaurant operator also said it must restate its results for the first and second quarters because it did not appropriately record the value of its stake in its T-Rex subsidiary.
In the quarter that ended Sept. 30, the Houston company earned $6.7 million, or 41 cents per share, compared to a loss of $17.1 million, or $1.06 per share,in the same quarter a year earlier.
The latest quarter included a $19.4 million gain on debt extinguishment and a $6.2 million cost on the value of interest rate swaps. The year-ago quarter included an $18.5 million writedown primarily due to Hurricane Ike damage and a $1.8 million charge from interest rate swaps.Excluding those items, profit in the latest quarter was 2 cents per share, down from 35 cents per share in the 2008 quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV