Neb. Senator Takes Issue With Student Loan Stance
The reforms threaten at least 30,000 jobs, according to student loan companies.
Nelnet President Jeff Noordhoek has said his company should be fine even if the legislation is enacted, because it has developed new revenue sources besides student loans. Also, he said, the company is one of four lenders with a contract to service direct loans made by the federal government.
But Noordhoek has said he believes the proposed reforms would force some companies out of business and lead to the elimination of some jobs at Nelnet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV