BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- If you're looking for stocks poised for big gains, here are five names to consider. We rate them "buy," and expect them to boost profit by 12% or more in the next year.
#5. HMS Holdings (HMSY) provides services that aim to help government programs contain costs.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income rose 36% to $8.3 million and earnings per share climbed 30% to 30 cents, hurt by a higher share count. Revenue grew 21% to $59 million. The company's gross margin increased from 40% to 42%, and its operating margin rose from 22% to 24%. HMS has a stable financial position, with $70 million of cash and $13 million of debt.
The stock: HMS Holdings has rallied 34% this year, more than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 42, a premium to the market and health care peers. HMS doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV