Knology Posts 3rd-quarter Loss On Charges
WEST POINT, Ga. (AP) ¿ Knology Inc., a cable, phone and Internet services provider, said it posted a $3.3 million quarterly loss because of hefty accounting charges and other costs to amend a credit facility.
Knology reported a loss attributable to common shareholders of 9 cents per share. This compares to a loss of $2.8 million, or 8 cents per share, a year ago.
Results included a non-cash charge of $1.7 million for the accounting for interest rate swaps and a $3.4 million one-time charge to amend Knology's credit facility.
Excluding these charges, Knology posted profit of $1.8 million, or 5 cents per share, in the most recent period.Revenue increased 2.5 percent to $105.8 million. Analysts, on average, expected a profit of 7 cents per share on sales of $107.5 million, according to a poll by Thomson Reuters. Shares declined 25 cents, or 2.4 percent, to $10.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV