Poker Champ Berman Stakes Claim In Ohio Casinos
During last year's campaign pushing a single Ohio casino in Clinton County, Berman and Penn National were bitter rivals.
Berman and his partners in the effort to bring a casino to Clinton County in southwest Ohio sued Penn National for allegedly making false and defamatory statements, which including information about Berman's involvement in the bankruptcy of a Las Vegas casino in 1996. Berman and his partners, MyOhioNow co-founders Rick Lertzman and Brad Pressman, questioned in a news release whether Penn National met the ethical standards to hold a gaming license.
The next day, Penn National and its No on 6 Committee shot back with a countersuit, accusing Berman, Lertzman and Pressman of defamation, libel, slander, deceptive trade practices, false advertising and abuse of the legal process.
Court records show both lawsuits were dismissed last spring.____ On The Net: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission: www.sec.gov Lakes Entertainment Inc.: www.lakesentertainment.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV