BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Small-cap stocks have suffered a technical breakdown this quarter, with the Russell 2000 Index sliding 3.7% as blue-chips advance. If the market snaps back, these stocks are due for big gains.
These companies offer outstanding fundamentals and have earned "buy" ratings from our quantitative model. They're ordered by their potential to appreciate, starting with the company with the biggest growth prospects.
American Physicians Service Group (AMPH) sells medical liability insurance and manages investments.
The numbers: Third-quarter net income fell 10% to $6.4 million, or 92 cents a share, as revenue grew 13% to $22 million. The company's gross margin fell from 64% to 49%, and its operating margin decreased from 56% to 43%. American Physicians has an admirable financial position, with $17 million of cash and $6.6 million of debt.The stock: American Physicians has risen 11% this year, underperforming major U.S. benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 9, a discount to the market and insurers. The shares pay a 1.3% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV