Verizon is totally out of sync with the market, with so many new and exciting mobile phone products coming out all the time.
Doubling the termination fee is not in keeping with the new regulatory push to stop companies from gouging consumers with unnecessary fees.
We're basically talking about a new twist on the old bait and switch routine, let's call it bait and lock. Verizon captures new customers by offering them subsidized deals on cool new phones and then wants to recoup the cost by locking them in with long-term contracts.(T) made its bet on Apple (AAPL)'s iPhone (or maybe it was the other way around), Verizon is going big on Google (GOOG)'s Android and Sprint (S) hooked up with Palm (PALM). So if they want to compete on phones, then they should be making it easier and cheaper for customers to upgrade to the latest, greatest version.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV