WebMD Rises On 3Q Results, Outlook, And Buyback
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of WebMD Health Corp. traded higher Wednesday after the health Web site operator met Wall Street expectations in the third quarter backed its forecasts for the full year.
The company also announced it will start a stock buyback next week. It plans to buy back as many as 5.7 million shares at a premium price of $36 per share. The stock had closed at $34.26 on Tuesday.
Late Tuesday, WebMD said its third-quarter profit rose 19 percent to $12.8 million, or 21 cents per share, from $10.8 million, or 18 cents per share. Revenue increased 15 percent to $111.6 million from $96.8 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected profit of 19 cents per share and $111.1 million in revenue.Public portal advertising and sponsorship revenue grew 20 percent during the quarter to $89.4 million. WebMD network sites had 59.2 million unique users per month in the third quarter, up 19 percent from a year ago. Total traffic increased 27 percent to 1.4 billion page views.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV