Earnings Roundup: Pulte Homes, Ameristar Casinos
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Nov. 4, from AP Financial News:
Pulte Homes Inc. lost $361.4 million in the third quarter, but with the acquisition of Centex Corp., the homebuilder's new orders increased by more than a third.
Ameristar Casinos Inc. said its profit edged up in the third quarter, helped by lower operating expenses, a lower tax rate and an uptick in room revenue.
Shares of Mueller Water Products Inc. jumped after the maker of fire hydrants and municipal water valves posted better-than-expected fiscal fourth-quarter results on cost controls and higher production.R.R. Donnelley & Sons. Co. said its third-quarter profit fell 92 percent, weighed down by charges related to the loss of a big customer. XTO Energy Inc. said its third-quarter earnings fell 4 percent, but the oil and natural gas producer raised its full-year production outlook. Biotechnology company Affymax Inc. said its third-quarter loss narrowed on a boost in payments from its partner Takeda Pharmaceutical on the anemia drug candidate Hematide. Tyco Electronics Ltd. said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell more than 50 percent, though its adjusted earnings beat Wall Street estimates. Shares surged in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV