Cisco earned an upgrade to buy from Wedbush last month based on the potential demand for new routers.
Similarly, Jefferies Choi says new Nexus data center switches and big core routers may be just the right products for a thawing tech buying cycle.
Cisco has also been on the shopping trail looking to add to its technology offerings. In the past month, Cisco agreed to buy video conferencing specialist Tandberg and mobile data router shop Starent (STAR).
And last week, Cisco made a deal to buy Internet security player ScanSafe in yet another effort to wade further into the emerging cloud computing segment of the networking sector.The $6 billion in acquisitions in recent weeks have not tempered Cisco's stock, which is up 40% this year. Investors are hoping a strong outlook can keep that momentum going. Cisco shares were up 2% to $23.36 in late afternoon trading Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV