Alpha Pro Tech's building supply segment, which manufactures synthetic roof underlayment and housing wrap, is also showing strong growth. The underlayment market's transition to synthetic roof underlayment in lieu of traditional felt paper is gaining traction and should continue to fuel growth going forward.
Synthetic underlayment is a safer, more cost-effective alternative than competing products and currently accounts for only 5% of the $500 million underlayment market. This segment should benefit from a significant expansion of its India and Valdosta, Georgia manufacturing facilities.
We have estimated that the company's consolidated 2009 third-quarter revenues were held back by about $500,000 due to supply chain issues in its disposable protective apparel product line. These issues have been rectified.
Investors may place a premium on Alpha Pro Tech shares based on to the H1N1 "buzz" and the growth opportunity present in its vertically integrated building supply segment. A vertically integrated model enables APT to bring higher quality products to the market quicker than its competition.In addition, we are monitoring some U.S.-listed Chinese stocks that have corrected hard over the past two weeks. They include China-Biotics (CHBT), Hong Kong Highpower Tech (HPJ), Tm Entertainment & Media (TMI), Telestone Technologies (TSTC), and Tongxin International (TXIC). -- Written by Maj Soueidan in Skippack, Pa. Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider APT to be a small-cap stock. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV