On Oct. 27, the company reported $16.89 million in revenue for the third quarter compared with $10.22 million for the year-ago quarter. It reported 12 cents a share in earnings compared with 3 cents a year ago. The earnings beat analysts' estimates by 1 cent.
The company's fully diluted shares fell 6.51% from 24.72 million shares a year ago to 23.11 million shares in the past quarter.
Following the earnings report, the stock sustained a hard pullback from its opening price of $7.22 to a close at $5.69 the following day. However, APT has subsequently rebounded, reaching an intraday high of $6.83 on Nov. 3.We urge interested investors to listen to the company's bullish conference call replay. Here are some of our notes and thoughts on the call. Alpha Pro Tech is reporting exceptionally strong growth in two of its product categories: infection control and building supply. The infection-control segment, which makes protective masks, continues to benefit from the H1N1 pandemic. The run rate of its N95 H1N1 masks is at $36 million and is at full capacity. Alpha Pro Tech is considering the addition of new N95 manufacturing lines, each capable of contributing $9 million in annual revenue. The company speculated that the H1N1 pandemic could last two to five years, which bodes well for an acceleration of its sales momentum through at least 2010. Gross margins should also see gradual improvement as its N95 mask revenues increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV