Radware, which competes with Cisco (CSCO), F5 Networks (FFIV), and Citrix (CTXS), reported record sales of $29.2 million, up from $23.5 million in the same period last year, and just above the $29.2 million expected by analysts.
Excluding items, the firm earned 12 cents a share on net income of $2.3 million, compared to a loss of 22 cents a share and a net loss of $4.3 million in the same period last year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had predicted earnings of 8 cents a share.
"We are pleased to report yet another record quarter of results along with a significant increase in profitability," said Roy Zisapel, the Radware CEO, in a statement. "For several quarters now we have been able to sequentially increase market share."The company is also capitalizing on its acquisition of Nortel's (NT) Alteon switch business earlier this year, according to Zisapel. On a GAAP basis, Radware earned a penny a share on net income of $200,000, compared with a loss of 44 cents a share and a net loss of $8.5 million in the same period last year. Radware's numbers, which were released before market open, were not completely out of the blue. The application delivery specialist recently raised its third-quarter estimates, citing sales growth and tight cost controls. -- Reported by James Rogers in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV