Rigel 3Q Loss Narrows On Lower Costs
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) ¿ Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Tuesday its third-quarter loss narrowed as the development-stage biotechnology company completed two midstage studies in its rheumatoid-arthritis program.
The company lost $26.7 million, or 70 cents per share, compared with a loss of $37.7 million, or $1.03 per share, a year ago. There was no reported revenue during either quarter and the company still does not have a product on the market.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters, on average, expected a loss of 58 cents per share on revenue $3.8 million.
Rigel said stock-based compensation fell by about half, while operating expenses fell 31 percent to $26.7 million.The company ended the quarter with cash, cash equivalents and available for sale securities of $156.1 million. Rigel is developing treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, allergies and cancer. Partners on various programs include Serono SA, Pfizer Inc. and Merck & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV