Analysis: Kan. Casino Board Would Like Better Hand
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) ¿ Members of a state board in Kansas don't appear to like the hand they've been dealt for proposed casinos in Kansas City and the Wichita area, and they're wondering whether they should fold.
Folding for the Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board would mean rejecting the single casino proposal for either area. The Kansas Lottery would be forced to solicit new proposals from developers to build and operate the casino for the lottery, which will own the new gambling.
Board members have been less than enthusiastic about the Kansas City proposal and the plan to build a casino south of Wichita. During a public hearing last week, the board's consultants suggested both had some limitations in drawing tourists to Kansas, and board members peppered representatives of the companies pushing the proposals with questions.But the consultants also told the board that the national economy is to blame if either proposal seems short of what the board had hoped for in a casino plan. The consultants said the economy limited competition for contracts with the lottery and led to scaled-back proposals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV