Natus Medical 3Q Profit Falls On Higher Expenses
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (AP) ¿ Natus Medical Inc. said Monday that its profit slipped in the third quarter on increased operating expenses and acquisition-related costs.
The maker of medical devices used for newborn care earned $3.7 million, or 13 cents per share, for the three months ended Sept. 30. That's down 23 percent from $4.8 million, or 17 cents per share, a year earlier.
Quarterly results included acquisition costs of $460,000 related to the purchases of Hawaii Medical LLC in July and Alpine Biomed in September. Removing these costs, Natus earned 14 cents per share for the quarter.
Revenue increased 6 percent to $44.3 million from $41.7 million on improved product demand.The performance beat the 11 cents-per-share estimate on revenue of $38.5 million of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Analysts' estimates normally exclude one-time items. The company's results were pulled down by higher operating expenses of $21.6 million. The company reported expenses of $18.9 million last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV