NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The holiday price war is, as they say, on. Retailers across the sector are attempting to lure shoppers with bargain-bin prices and blockbuster promotions.
But cheaper doesn't always mean better, and as retailers roll down prices, some stand to be hurt.
And in our latest weeklong retail poll, TheStreet users (45.8%) say Sears (SHLD) is the name most likely to suffer as a result.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV