The acquisition will create one of the largest independent oil exploration and production companies in North America.
Under the terms of the deal, Plano, Texas-based Denbury plans to pay $50 for each share of Encore, an almost 35% premium to the $37.07 price where Encore shares closed Friday. Encore shareholders will receive $15 in cash and $35 in Denbury's common stock for each of their shares.
Encore has about 52.8 million shares outstanding, giving the equity portion of the deal a value of about $2.64 billion. Denbury also will assume Forth Worth, Texas-based Encore's debt and the value of its minority interest in Encore Energy Partners (ENP) .The merged company will take Denbury's name and will be headquartered in Plano, Texas. Denbury shares closed Friday at $14.60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV