Earnings Roundup: Nicor, Alliant Energy
Among the earnings stories for Friday, Oct. 30, from AP Financial News:
NAPERVILLE, Ill. (AP) ¿ Natural gas distributor Nicor Inc. said its third-quarter profit jumped more than 10 times from the prior-year period levels, driven mainly by dramatically lower expenses for natural gas.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) ¿ Alliant Energy Corp. posted a third-quarter loss mainly due to a hefty special charge, and the company cut its full-year outlook.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ A strong relaunch of a skin-care line and better-than-expected sales at airport stores helped Estee Lauder Cos. more than double its fiscal first-quarter profit, the company said, but it remained cautious on the upcoming holiday season.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ For the second time in two years, lumber and wood products producer Weyerhaeuser Co. dodged a quarterly loss by selling valuable properties. TAMPA, Fla. (AP) ¿ Electric and natural gas utility owner Teco Energy Inc. said its third-quarter profit rose 11 percent, driven by the cheaper cost of natural gas it sold, which more than offset declining sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV