Earnings Roundup: UIL Holdings, Arch Coal
Among the earnings stories for Friday, Oct. 30, from AP Financial News:
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) ¿ UIL Holdings Corp., the holding company for electric utility United Illuminating Co., said its third-quarter profit edged higher as a reduction in operating costs more than offset a decrease in revenue.
KAHULUI, Hawaii (AP) ¿ Maui Land & Pineapple Co. said it lost more in the third quarter than a year ago even as revenue rose by 39 percent due to a big loss on the value of real estate holdings.
ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Arch Coal Inc. said its third-quarter profits plunged on lower coal prices, but the coal miner suggested that improving operating margins in all regions reflect an emerging turnaround in once-struggling coal markets.DETROIT (AP) ¿ American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. posted its first quarterly profit in two years, an encouraging sign after deep and painful cost cuts at the struggling auto parts supplier. Its shares jumped more than 9 percent. CUDAHY, Wis. (AP) ¿ Aerospace supplier Ladish Co. said it posted a $2.2 million third-quarter loss, citing charges related to job cuts and a lagging performance at its foreign operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV